Take advantage of grilling season while you can with an easy recipe for a classic combo: grilled steak and tomatoes in a balsamic barbecue marinade. It’s not fancy, but it’s definitely delicious, and isn’t that just what we all need every now and then?
If you’re making a batch of barbecue sauce specifically for this recipe, go ahead and make some extra. The recipe makes more than ¼ of a cup anyway, so you’ll probably have more than you need. Just keep it in the fridge, or freeze it in an ice-cube tray so you don’t have to haul out the pots and pans next time you want some.
To keep up the tomato theme, you could serve these skewers with some Paleo “pasta,” but they’d also be good with a pile of roasted bell peppers, or just a few slices of grilled eggplant, zucchini, or other summer vegetables. And don’t neglect their power as omelet fillings or salad toppers the day after; if you have any leftovers, you definitely won’t have trouble finding ways to use them!
Balsamic Steak Skewers Recipe
#SERVES: 4 #PREP: 10 min. + 1 h. #COOK: 10 min.
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1″ cubes;
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes;
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar;
- ¼ cup homemade barbecue sauce;
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, barbecue sauce, Dijon mustard, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set half the marinade aside in a separate container.
- Add the steak to the remaining marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat.
- Thread the beef and tomatoes onto wood or metal skewers, alternating between the two.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade, until the beef reaches the desired doneness.
P.S. Take a look at our Paleo Recipe Book. It’s a Cookbook we’ve created to help you prepare the best Paleo food. It contains 370+ recipes and covers everything you’ll need.
+ Your Guide to Paleo, our visual Paleo Guide, was just released. It’ll help you avoid the most common pitfalls and reach your health and weight loss goals faster.