Smoky, hot browned chicken finished with a crunchy nibble of lettuce and the brilliant shiver of lime squeeze: the differentiation in this mixed greens is the thing that truly makes it tasty. It’s got more than a clue of the Southwest to it, with a striking flavor from cumin and paprika, and another tomato part you may not have worked with before: passata.
Tomato passata is a kind of tomato concentrate. It’s not exactly the same thing as tomato glue in light of the fact that it isn’t cooked: its essentially what you get in the event that you pulverize up crude tomatoes and afterward strain out all the water, leaving simply the strong piece of the tomatoes left. Not at all like tomato glue, passata is thin enough to spill out of a flask.
Passata is exceptionally normal in Italy – and anyplace with a substantial Italian populace – and in most markets, you can discover it in the same walkway as the canned tomato items, normally off to the side some place. In the event that you can’t find any, you can without much of a stretch make your own particular by squashing tomatoes in a sustenance processor and afterward straining them through a strainer to evacuate the water.
Don’t be thrown off by the one new element, however: regardless of the fact that you don’t have sufficient energy to discover or make your own, you can simply substitute with a tiny bit of tomato glue. It’s not precisely the same, yet its nearby. What’s more a dinner this wonderful is doubtlessly worth the exertion: whatever sort of tomato item you pick, you’ll wind up with an exceptional and extremely delightful mixed greens.
Chicken with Lime and Avocado Salad Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 15 min. COOK: 15 min.
Ingredients for the chicken
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, cut into pieces;
- 1 onion, sliced thinly;
- 2 tsp. ground cumin;
- 2 tsp. ground coriander;
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika;
- ¼ cup tomato passata;
- Cooking fat;
- Lime wedges to serve;
Ingredients for the salad
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes;
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped;
- ½ red onion, chopped;
- 1 tbsp. jalapeño chilli, minced;
- 1 tbsp. lime juice;
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro;
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces;
- Add some cooking fat to a large skillet that’s placed over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Add the onion, passata, cumin, coriander, and paprika. Keep stirring while you cook everything for another 2-3 minutes or until the onions are soft and tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad and give everything a good stir.
- Divide the cooked chicken among plates and top with the salad.
- Serve with some lime wedges.
P.S. Take a look at our Paleo Recipe Book. It’s a Cookbook we’ve created to help you prepare the best Paleo food. It contains 370+ recipes and covers everything you’ll need.