Jerk Chicken Paleo Recipes, A true treat for zest mates all over, the full twitch chicken experience makes your mouth sting and your eyes water – and that is the thing that makes it so exceptional. Then again, not everybody longs for a zest blend very that exceptional. In the event that you lean toward a somewhat milder flavor, you can tame this chicken around lessening the allspice or hood pepper. You can likewise explore different avenues regarding this formula by changing the meat. I like to purchase distinctive bits of chicken, however you could additionally utilize an entire fowl and cut it into pieces yourself.
Rather than the commonplace soy sauce in this formula, I utilized coconut aminos, a Paleo-accommodating soy sauce elective produced using the sap of the coconut tree. In any case it contains soy, so its not perfect, yet in any event its superior to getting soy and gluten.
Since rascal is initially a Jamaican flavor mixture, a fitting side dish for this chicken would be fricasseed plantains. The greater, starchier cousins of standard supermarket bananas, plantains are regularly accessible in ethnic Caribbean advertises, and scrumptious just fricasseed in coconut oil with a bit salt. There’s truly no compelling reason to get extravagant with the side dishes when the chicken packs such a punch; keep it basic so you can concentrate on the tasty, tongue-smoldering high temperature of the primary occasio.
Jerk Chicken Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 2 hrs. COOK: 50 min.
- 4 to 5 lbs. of chicken pieces; (drumsticks, thighs, and/or wings)
- Half of a nutmeg seed;
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds;
- 1 tsp. cloves, whole;
- 6 Jamaica peppers; (allspice)
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns;
- 3 green onions, chopped;
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped;
- 2 to 3 Scotch Bonnet peppers; (optional)
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked;
- 10 garlic cloves;
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice;
- 1 cup of coconut aminos;
- Heat up a dry skillet over a medium high, and toast the nutmeg, the cinnamon stick, the coriander seeds, the cloves, the Jamaica peppers and the black peppercorns. Then crush them all with a mortar and pestle until you get a nice powder.
- In a food processor or a blender, combine the green onions, the large onion, the bonnet peppers, the thyme leaves, and the garlic cloves until you get a puree.
- In a big bowl, combine the spice powder and the puree, then add the lime juice and the coconut aminos and whisk it all well.
- Place the chicken in a non-metallic container and pour the mixture all over it. Cover the dish, and marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes is almost up, preheat a BBQ or grill to medium high.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and finish it off with a turn on the grill.
P.S. Take a look at our Paleo Recipe Book. It’s a Cookbook we’ve created to help you prepare the best Paleo food. It contains 370+ recipes and covers everything you’ll need.
source : http://paleoleap.com/jerk-chicken