Braised chicken with fennel and sweet potatoes Recipes, The accompanying is a formula for chicken legs braised in a tasty blend of fennel globule, sweet potatoes, lemon juice, green onions and garlic. This is a truly extraordinary formula that is at the end of the day easy to get ready and prepared to be appreciated in pretty much a hour.
I as of late imparted a scrumptious greens formula to steak, cranberries and fennel, and I think fennel is one of those vegetables that are underused and that help bring such a light and different flavor to any dish. Fennel globule, with its liquorice flavor, is not something regular on most individuals’ shopping rundown yet its regardless a truly sound decision rich in supplements that brings a composition and a taste that is one of a kind and tasty.
A decent measure of lemon juice is called upon for this formula. It helps give an incredible taste to the last dish and consolidates superbly with all the add-ins. Lemon juice added to a formula is something that I think we all know might be an incredible expansion to numerous dishes. It brings a regular tart and harsh flavor that is delighted in just about generally. Lemon juice is more than simply an extraordinary tasting add-in as it can additionally be utilized as a device for cleaning regularly around the house when joined with high temp water and salt. It can even be utilized to cook fish without the utilization of any high temperature (e.g.: with a ceviche). In India, its likewise frequently utilized as a characteristic solution for execute microbes. Lemon, in the same way as most different citrus soil grown foods is a magnificent wellspring of ascorbic corrosive (vitamin C), which is an influential and fundamental cell reinforcement.
The sweet potatoes utilized here practically serve as a side dish all alone. They help bring a full and filling feast that cooks at the same time, which might be an incredible help. On top of everything, separated from being an extraordinary safe starch choice, sweet potatoes are heavenly and an incredible wellspring of vitamin C and potassium.
Braised chicken with fennel and sweet potatoes recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 15 min. COOK: 65 min.
- 4 whole chicken legs;
- 2 large sweet potatoes;
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced;
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced;
- 4 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 cups of chicken stock;
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons;
- 2 tbsp Paleo cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- In a skillet placed over a medium-high heat, add the cooking fat and sear the chicken legs until browned, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Once browned, transfer the chicken legs to an oven ready pot and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the fennel for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown and then add the green onions and garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the fennel and green onions to the oven ready pot with the chicken legs, add the chicken stock, the lemon juice and half of the le zest, season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, cover, and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, peel and cut your sweet potatoes into evenly sized cubes.
- Once the 20 minutes is done add the sweet potatoes to the mixture and cook for another 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on a plate and add some of the lemon zest on top of each chicken leg for extra flavor.
P.S. Take a look at our Paleo Recipe Book. It’s a Cookbook we’ve created to help you prepare the best Paleo food. It contains 370+ recipes and covers everything you’ll need.