Mushrooms are regularly undervalued in vegetable formulas, possibly in light of the fact that they truly aren’t much to take a gander at. It’s actual that they don’t impart the splendid shade of tomatoes or carrots, yet they taste a considerable measure better than they look. For one thing, mushrooms are a sound and common wellspring of the same flavor that makes MSG such an addicting added substance in transformed nourishments: umami. Particularly since chicken breast is very much a lean meat all alone, the mushrooms in the sauce are ideal for making this formula generous and fulfilling.
Mushrooms likewise convey an astonishing measure of supplements. They’re high in B vitamins and copper, and they’re one of the few plant nourishments that contain conjugated linoleic corrosive, a greatly useful fat. Eager veggie lovers may even let you know that mushrooms contain Vitamin B12, in spite of the fact that strictly talking, this is from micro-life forms developing on the mushrooms, not the mushrooms themselves. Regardless, its not by any means pertinent for Paleo health food nuts, since any sort of meat is a wellspring of Vitamin B12. For this formula, you can utilize whatever types of mushrooms you like best: I utilized a mixof shiitake and crimini mushrooms, yet any sort will work on the off chance that you have solid inclination one way or the other.
To get that flawlessly smooth and rich composition for the sauce, attempt to utilize just the cream from the coconut milk. On the off chance that you leave the can in the cooler overnight this cream will buoy to the top and be less demanding to get. Utilize whatever is left of the coconut drain in some coconut squares for sweet, or simply add it to any curry or smoothie formula for a tasty taste and a help of solid fats.
Chicken With Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 15 min. COOK: 40 min.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts;
- 1 medium shallot, minced;
- 1 cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced;
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced;
- ½ cup of chicken stock;
- 4 tbsp. full-fat coconut milk;
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Place the chicken breast in a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When the chicken is almost done, heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and cook about 30 seconds, then add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and cook for around 2 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and chives. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute.
- Once the chicken is done, cover it with the mushroom sauce and serve.P.S. Take a look at our Paleo Recipe Book. It’s a Cookbook we’ve created to help you prepare the best Paleo food. It contains 370+ recipes and covers everything you’ll need.